Keep your images clear & printer operations running smoothly
Thermal printers, including receipt printers, barcode printers, and linerless label printers, are mission-critical for
retail stores and QSRs.
These printers are constantly handled and need to be cleaned regularly, inside and out, to maintain their performance,
and to protect the health of your staff,
customers and brand.
Dirty technology leads to:
Poor Images – Inefficiency – Downtime – Health Hazards – Customer Dissatisfaction
CLEANING FOR HEALTH – DAILY
Devices should be cleaned routinely throughout the day and wipes should be made available for employees and customers to use as needed. They should be disinfected on a planned schedule.
- An everyday multi-surface cleaner designed to gently breakdown and remove dust, germs, fingerprints and other contaminants:
- 32oz. Spray Bottle: K2-CCD32N1
CLEANING FOR PERFORMANCE – WEEKLY
Print heads and rollers should be cleaned often to prevent contaminants from becoming baked on and interfering with image quality. Ordering the correct cleaning products and following the defined process that each manufacturer recommends ensures the most thorough cleaning. Many KIC products were designed jointly with each equipment manufacturer and often include patented design elements such as KIC Waffletechnology® to ensure they clean all internal surfaces.
- 2” Card: KW3-T26B15
- 3” Card: KW3-T36B15
- 4” Card: KW3-T46B15
- Swisel: K2-SWIST50
- Wipe: K2-WLT50IPA70
- How to Clean:
- Turn off your printer and remove the media roll.
- Place the Waffletechnology® cleaning card into the printer where the label roll goes, leaving one end of the card extending out of the printer.
- Close the printer and pull the card out to clean the printer.
- Load your media and turn the printer back on.
- If there is adhesive build-up on the printer, use the Swisel or cleaning pen to remove it. Pay special attention to the cutter, the edges of the roller, and print head for excess buildup.
- How to Clean: