What data do we collect?
Our company collects personally identifiable information including: name, address, email address, phone number, company name, company website, and the industry you work in. During checkout, we collect, but do not store, the credit card information you provide for online purchases.
How do we collect your data?
Our website collects data in two places: (1) Our online contact form and (2) during secure, online checkout.
We may also collect data when you email us at email@example.com or when you call our customer care department.
How will we use your data?
The data that we collect is used soley to provide a better experience online, process any orders you place online, and to assist you with managing your online account. As a customer of KICTeam, we may also use your information to email you company news or offers on products or services. We will never rent, sell, give, divulge, or otherwise share the information you provide to us. We do not rent, sell, or give information to third parties.
How do we store your data?
Website data is stored within a secure database on a webserver maintained by Pantheon. The website uses secure socket layers (SSL) throughout the entire site to encrypt any information you provide. We maintain your account and order information online indefinitely unless you specifically request that we remove your online account and order history. We do NOT store credit card information in the database. Your credit card information is processed securely through Authorize.net and deleted from your browser session after your order is complete.
Very occasionally we would like to send you email communications about new products, pricing changes, or other appropriate company news. Email is sent through a service called ActiveCampaign. ActiveCampaign does not collect any website user information. We ask you for permission to opt you in to communications when you submit the contact form on the website or when you place an order. If you have ever agreed to receive marketing messaging you may always opt-out at any time. You may opt-out directly by clicking the unsubscribe link in email communications, you can email us requesting to be opted-out, or you can call us at 1-207-514-7030 to request removal from marketing touches.
Your data protection rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Within GDPR, every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request Our Company for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Our Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Our Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Our Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us via email or by phone at 1-207-514-7030.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer directly from KICTeam.com or from partner services that we work with. These cookies collect standard internet log information, such as IP address, browser type, browsing device used, language preferences, and what pages of the site were visited. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through other 3rd party cookies. Please visit AllAboutCookies.org to learn more.
- Keep you signed in once you log into your account
- Remember the items you placed into your shopping cart so that you can make a purchase online
- Let us understand how the website is being used so that we can continue to improve the online experience
- Track a visit from Google or LinkedIn to our website so we can understand how well we are doing at delivering content our visitors are interested in
What types of cookies do we use?
- Session Cookies: This type of cookie remembers that you visited our site and it allows us to see the pages that were visited. This cookie does NOT collect any information about your computer and they contain ZERO personally identifiable information. This cookie doesn’t tell us who you are. It simply lets us know a person visited the website.
- First Party Cookies: This type of cookie is known as a “persistent” cookie and it is set by our website. These cookies remember who you are when you log in to your account. These cookies also remember such things as your browser menu settings, themes, language preference, and internal bookmarks. Google Analytics code is in place on our website. This also uses first-party cookies to provide us with website usage information such as pages visited, contact forms submitted, and what types of products are ordered as well as their value. Other than remembering your login information for easier use of our site, no personally identifiable information is captured or transmitted.
- Secure Cookies: Our entire website is protected by encrypted secure socket layers (SSL). This type of cookie ensures that any data you provide on our site is is fully encrypted and not available as plain text. This provides a safer experience on our website.
- Third Party Cookies: We utilize some services that will set a non-kicteam.com cookie in your browser. These cookies are set by the service and allows us to track a click on an ad, for example, to our website and lets us know if that advertising resulted in a lead or a sale. The services we use are:
- Google Ads Retargeting
- LinkedIn Ads Retargeting
How to manage your cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies. Please be aware that if you choose to block cookies, some site functionality such as the shopping cart, online ordering, account management, and other site features may not work properly for you. Instructions for how to disallow cookies for the major web browsers are available below:
- Apple iOS Safari
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Opera Browser
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
P.O. Box 1120
Auburn, ME 04211
How to contact the appropriate authority
If you feel that our company has not addressed your concerns in a satisfactory manner, you may contact our customer care department at 1-207-514-7030 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Under the qualifying rules of the CCPA, KICTeam is exempt.