Keep your tellers focused on the customer, not check scanning errors
Check scanners are an essential part of the financial industry. These devices are constantly handled and need to be cleaned regularly, inside and out, to maintain their performance, and to protect the health of your staff, customers, and brand.
Cleaning with approved materials designed for the specific application and following the process each device
manufacturer recommends is the best way to keep your equipment operating at peak efficiency.
Dirty technology leads to:
Transaction Failures – Inefficiency – Downtime – Health Hazards – Customer Dissatisfaction
CLEANING FOR HEALTH – DAILY
Check scanners should be cleaned routinely throughout the day and wipes should be made available for employees and customers to use as needed. They should be disinfected on a planned schedule.
- To disinfect use KIC Wipes with DiSantech™, a disinfectant on the EPA N-List to protect against Covid-19:
CLEANING FOR PERFORMANCE – WEEKLY
Lenses and pathways should be cleaned either weekly or monthly depending on environment and usage. Ordering the correct cleaning products and following the defined process that each manufacturer recommends ensures the most thorough cleaning. Many KIC products were designed jointly with each equipment manufacturer and often include patented design elements such as KIC Waffletechnology™ to ensure they clean all internal surfaces.
Check Scanner Cleaning Products
- Canon: KWCAN-C1B15WS
- Digital Check: KWDCC-CS1B15WS
- Epson: KWEPS-CS1B15WS
- Panini: KWPNI-CS1B15WS
- Swabs: K2-S6T50WS
- Every Week:
- Start up your scanning or maintenance software so that you can feed in a document.
- Use the check scanner cleaning cards designed specifically for your scanner and feed it in the same way you would a check.
- Flip the card over and repeat several times.
- Once Per Month:
- Use a swab to clean your scanner lenses.
- If you are using the scanner to endorse, clean your print head with a special wipe.
- Every Week: