Maintaining card reader chip & swipe sensors is critical to retail success
Card readers are fundamental to retail and convenience stores, quick-serve restaurants, and financial institutions. These devices are constantly handled and need to be cleaned regularly, inside and out, to maintain their performance, and to protect
the health of your staff, customers, and brand.
Dirty technology leads to:
Transaction Failures – Inefficiency – Downtime – Health Hazards – Customer Dissatisfaction
Cleaning with approved materials designed for the specific application and following the process each device manufacturer recommends is the best way to keep your equipment operating at peak efficiency.
CLEANING FOR HEALTH – DAILY
Card readers should be cleaned routinely throughout the day and wipes should be made available for employees and customers to use as needed. They should be disinfected on a planned schedule.
- For everyday cleaning use KIC Wipes with ClearDisplay™ as its gentle on technology and a highly effective cleaner:
- To disinfect use KIC Wipes with DiSantech™, a disinfectant on the EPA N-List to protect against Covid-19:
- 100 Count Canister Wipes: K2-WC100DS
- For a pristine finish on touchscreens and displays, wipe down after cleaning and disinfecting with a lint-free microfiber cloth:
- 15 Count Microfiber Cloths: K2-WMLZ50
CLEANING FOR PERFORMANCE – WEEKLY
Critical components should be cleaned either weekly or monthly depending on environment and usage. Ordering the correct cleaning products and following the defined process that each manufacturer recommends ensures the most thorough cleaning. Many KIC products were designed jointly with each equipment manufacturer and often include patented design elements such as KIC Waffletechnology™ to ensure they clean all internal surfaces.